Terms and Conditions
CHOICE ‘A World Without Choice competition’
Company: CHOICE – 57 Carrington Road Marrickville NSW 2204
Commences: Tuesday 13th January 2016
Concludes: Sunday 28th February 2016
Total estimated Promotion Value – $3,000*
Total number of possible Promotion Prizes – 1
1. Information on how to enter the CHOICE ‘A World without Choice’ Promotion forms part of these
conditions of entry.
2. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions of entry.
3. The promoter is CHOICE ("Promoter"), 57 Carrington Road, Marrickville, NSW, 2204,
ABN 72 000 281 925 and ACN 000 281 925.
4. The Promotion commences at Tuesday 12 January 2016 and entries close 28th February 2016 at
11.59pm AEST ("Promotional Period").
5. Entry is open to eligible entrants only.
1. Entrants must be a permanent resident of Australia; and
2. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
3. Employees of the Promoter, Board members and such Employees immediate family members are
not eligible to enter.
4. Entrants must not be a spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption)
of such an employee or other person as described in clause 3 above.
How to enter the game of skill
An Eligible Entrant can only enter the Competition by complying with each of the following requirements of
one of the following entry process (“Entry Process”):
1. To enter this game of skill promotion, entrants must nominate their example of an Australian product or service
nominee with each of the following;
• an original photograph example of their nominated product, service or experience
• a description in 200 characters or less
• the hashtag #worldwithoutchoice
Entry is only possible through the below channels;
• competition page on the CHOICE website page without.choice.com.au
• Instagram – must be accompanied with the hashtag #worldwithoutchoice
2. When submitting their nomination, entrants must agree to these terms and conditions and agree to a CHOICE staff
member contacting them if further clarification about the nomination is required. Any cost associated with accessing
the competition website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
Terms and conditions of entry
1. The Promoter reserves the right to check each submitted entry and to delete or deny any submission that is deemed
incomplete, indecipherable, illegible, or that may be deemed offensive, inflammatory or inappropriate to the game of skill
criteria, or tampers with the entry process or uses any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means
that permits the participant to automatically enter the Promotion repeatedly.
2. The picture which the Eligible Entrant submits to the website must not contain inappropriate language, gratuitous violence,
sexual references or statements that promote hatred towards an individual, race, or community.
3. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure they adhere to Australian copyright law, and to obtain prior consent from any person or
persons that appears in the content (picture) uploaded or shared as their entry into the competition. The Promoter takes no
responsibility for any infringement of Australian copyright laws or of the consent from any person or persons that appears in the
content (picture) uploaded or shared by the entrant.
can be accessed by visiting choice.com.au/privacy-policy.
5. Each Eligible Entrant grants the Promoter an exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide and transferable license
(including the right to sub-license) to use such footage and photographs for promotional and marketing purposes, including online
social networking sites.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to: a) verify the validity of entries and entrants including an entrants identity, age and place of
residence; and/or b) disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is, in its reasonable opinion, not in accordance with these
conditions of entry.
Determination of competition winners and their prizes
1. The day after the closing date the top 20 (most liked/voted for) submitted entries will be counted and confirmed by the Promoter (CHOICE).
2. Of the 20 most popular entries, one grand prize winner will be chosen by a judging panel chosen and allocated by the Promoter.
3. The prize winner will be chosen at the premises of the Promoter, being 57 Carrington Rd, Marrickville, NSW 2204.
4. An entrant judged as a winner must be contactable within 7 days at the email address, address or phone number, or Instagram
account details provided on their entry. If any winner is not contactable to claim their prize within 7 days, then a new winner will be selected.
The Promoter reserves the right to forfeit the prize or select a new winner in the event of any Eligible Entrant not claiming the prize.
5. The prize winner will receive the following prizes: a washing machine, television, coffee machine, tablet, BBQ and juicer set.
6. The total prize value is correct as of Tuesday 12 January 2016, and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any subsequent
variation in the prize value.
7. If the prize is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal value or specification. No
responsibility or liability is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize. All prize values are in Australian dollars.
8. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash. The Promoters decision is final and no correspondence will be
entered into with entrants.
9. Winners will be notified by email or contacted via Instagram and the winners name will be published online at www.choice.com.au.
Only the winner will receive written notification.
Personal Information and Privacy
1. Entry into the Promotion constitutes the entrants consent to permit the Promoter to use the entrants personal information including name,
age and any other information provided to the Promoter by the entrant pursuant to this competition, in whole or part, in any media and in any
manner whatsoever, without remuneration, limitation or restriction, including for promotional and advertising purposes to promote the Promoter
2. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, send electronic messages or telephone the entrant.
3. The Promoter is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Entrants can request access, provide updates, opt-out or
correct their personal information by contacting CHOICE in writing at 57 Carrington Road, Marrickville, NSW, 2204, or via email at
1. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, and any of its partners, contractors, agents or related body corporates (including any directors,
officers, and employees thereof), will not be liable for any loss, personal injury or damage whatsoever (including direct or consequential loss), whether
as a result of participation in this Promotion, the Promoters negligence or otherwise.
2. The winner of the Promotion participates in the Promotion at their own risk. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entrant or cancel,
terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion at any time.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entrant or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, for any reason whatsoever, without
liability, subject to written directions from state regulatory bodies.
CHOICE Privacy Statement
As Australia's leading consumer advocate, we take protecting your privacy very seriously.
Our Privacy Statement explains how CHOICE uses and protects any information that you give us when you use a CHOICE Site. When we're talking about
a 'Site' we mean any CHOICE website, mobile site, social media site, email we send, CHOICE-delivered app or any other CHOICE platform. We have big plans
afoot, so that also covers any technology we may deliver in the future.
The internet is an ever-evolving medium, and that means we'll need to change this page from time to time to keep up with new developments. To make sure you're
doing the same, we encourage you to return here regularly. This policy partners with our terms and conditions
so please get to know those too.
Why we collect your details
Part of delivering a high quality, personalised digital experience is recognising who we're talking to, so we can provide the services that you want from us. To do that, we
may need to request and store some of your private information.
We know your privacy is vital, so these details will only ever be used in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
What we collect
We limit the information we collect to only what we think is necessary:
• Your billing information – name, contact details including email, postal address and phone number
• Any other information we need to deliver goods and services to you.
Aside from obvious places, we may also collect this information in our customer surveys, user reviews and opinions and through your engagement with our Sites, whether
logged on or not. We're a small organisation, so we need to work with key partners from time to time. That means we may also collect your personal details from
The big question – what we do with the data
We use these details:
• to give you a more personalised service and experience
• for internal record keeping, such as billing
• to improve our products and services
• to customise our Sites to your interests
• to contact you periodically telephone you and/or send you promotional emails, texts, faxes or mail about new products, services and special offers
• to update you about things we're doing that you might find interesting
While we hope you stick around for quite a while, you can unsubscribe or opt-out from our communications at any time using the link provided at bottom of all our emails
or by calling 1800 069 552 or emailing email@example.com
Where we share your information
We share non-identifiable data with third parties such as Google, Facebook, AB Tasty and others. Our main technology partners are Crazy Egg, DoubleClick
(including DoubleClick Floodlight & DoubleClick Spotlight), Google Adwords Conversion, Google Analytics, Adobe Media Optimizer, Facebook Social Plugins, Google +1,
ShareThis, BazaarVoice, Flashtalking, Rocketfuel, Sociomantics, Feedbackify, Loop11 and Zopim.
Keeping your personal details safe
We know this is big deal. That's why we've put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to secure any information collected online from misuse, interference
or loss. We do this to prevent unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of that information. And we continuously monitor new technologies to do our best to anticipate
and block hackers. In the box – our servers.
Our main servers are located in Australia. Our suppliers have servers based in Australia and overseas including the USA, Canada and Singapore. As part of doing business in
the online world, your information may be accessible to the owners of these servers, but not in an identifiable format. Your information is stored on third party servers for the
purposes of storage only. Nevertheless, we have used our best endeavours to ensure that any recipients of your information will not be in breach of this policy.
Information in the cloud
When this information is stored in a cloud, or you access an app, we've adopted a privacy-by-design approach. In plain English that means building privacy measures into
the design of the technology we use. And we're continuously working with our third party suppliers to make these better.
Part of contracting process is making sure these suppliers and their employees and contractors abide by the Australian Privacy Principles and the Spam Act 2003. You
Nope, not biscuits. A cookie is a text file containing a small amount of data which is downloaded to your computer or digital device when you visit one of the Sites or
see one of our ads on the internet.
and layout of our Sites and recognise computers or devices that have visited us before. The cookie file also helps us better analyse our web traffic. This information doesn't
identify you personally, and is used for statistical analysis and to help us personalise the content we deliver to you. And we don't have to use them.
Your browser has probably automatically accepted cookies, but you can usually modify your settings to decline cookies. Note that if you do that, this might stop you from
taking full advantage of our Sites. Read more on cookies and how to delete them.
How we use our data
One or more of our Sites use Google Analytics (GA), a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers. GA doesn't identify you personally, or associate your
IP address with any other data held by Google, third party platforms and/or cloud-based services.
We use data provided by GA to help us understand the usage habits of users and members. To keep your details anonymous, we'll only provide GA with our internal IDs or web
visitor IDs. Those IDs don't provide any identifiable personal information. The information we share with GA is only identifiable within our systems. Outside our systems, the
information can't be attached to any particular member or user.
Other websites, platforms and technology
We're also present on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and Vine. We hope you join the conversation there, but it's important to know if you "follow"
more sites with other personal information.
Our Sites may also contain links to other websites we think will improve your reading experience. Once you've jumped ship, please remember we don't have any control over
that other website and we don't endorse or condone its content.
We have limited control over information you give when visiting other sites that's not governed by this Privacy Statement. So be alert, but not alarmed, and look at the privacy
statement applicable to the website.
The reins are in your hands
You're able to restrict the collection or use of your personal information at any time.
If you've previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "Details Correction".
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties, except for CHOICE's direct marketing purposes, where we have your permission, or where we're required
by law to do so. We may send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting. But again, you can also tell us you don't want this to happen.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure your information is accurate and up to date. If you think any information we're holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please
email email@example.com with the subject heading "Details Correction". We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. There is no charge for this correction.
You're also entitled to access this personal information as set out in Australian Privacy Principles, unless prescribed by laws or regulations. If you'd like a copy of what we're storing,
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "Request for Personal Information".
If you're unhappy
We hope you're not, but if you believe any of our services breach the Australian Privacy Principles, or a relevant code, please email us at email@example.com with the subject
heading "Privacy Complaint".
We'll reply to your complaint as soon as possible, no later than 30 calendar days. If you think we haven't adequately addressed your complaint, or you receive no response after
30 calendar days, you can make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). Please see their guide for more details.
This document was last updated 4 December 2015 and seeks to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles 2014 and the Mobile Privacy Guidelines September 2013 published
by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.